Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hydrophobia

  As most of the human population would realise, I'm hydrophobic. And for odd reasons people automatically assume I can't drink water. It basically meant I can't go near large bodies of water without my pulse speeding up dramatically and finding it difficult to breathe. I usually sit the furthest away from the pool when near one, and I would not dare venture anywhere deeper than knee-deep when at the beach (treading water had only recently become a joy of mine, it feels dangerous ahaha). I think this started when I nearly drowned in the pond behind our house in China (I vaguely remember a neighbour having to 'fetch' me with a net).

  It isn't as bad as when I was little anymore (somehow I survived the swimming lessons from years 7 and 8) and I don't scream and run away when I see lakes/rivers/ponds anymore but it still has the obvious drawbacks, including when playing games that involve your character swimming (Skyrim, SR3, fps...etc) my heart rate speeds up like IRL. I am unable to take baths without freaking out, and the smell of chlorine nauseates me. Otherwise it's not something overly obvious and affecting my life.

  A shame I miss out on the duck (DUCK!) theme of Swim Carnival, not really. I don't wanna pay 5 bucks to sit around and do nothing. I don't have anything decent and yellow to wear anyway. Instead I sit home and attempt to study (sigh, as you can see that didn't go well), while trying to strike up a conversation with anyone currently online.

  Exams in 2 weeks, woopeedidoo, ofc I'm unprepared.
Blue Transparent Star