Monday, February 24, 2014

[MAKEUP REVIEW] Part One

Pigothy Reviews Makeup

Before we begin, can I just say, I am relatively new to this side of being a girl. Please don't take my words too seriously; I think in the end, it's your personal preferences that matter the most. I am a big fan of high-end makeup because I believe that if something's going straight on your face, it has to be THE best. Because I'm obviously not an expert I'll keep my description short and rate each product out of 10 and list in order of purchase date.

For skin-care I strictly only use Sense's products because nothing else can even compare. CLICK ME TO GET YOUR OWN.

How I store my makeup, some falsies, cotton/wet wipes are in drawers beneath my sink.

Tony Moly 3D Collagen BB Cream (6/10)
This is quite literally the first proper make-up-y thing I ever bought not including all these crappy BYS products. I got it because it was the only thing at Morning Glory that fit my skintone. Compared to other BB creams that I've tried its coverage is not that great. While it doesn't make you break-out it has pretty crappy oil control and I wouldn't expect long-lasting coverage. I still use it for uni because it's smooth, matte and easy to put on unlike actual foundation (and also because it's the only BB cream I own).

MAC Penultimate Eyeliner (4/10)
I don't know how many people I've complained to about this already, but I feel completely ripped off by the MUA at Myer because I was such a nub back then. I told them I wanted something beginner-friendly and they recommended this felt-tip formula. The formula feels really watered-down and because I have heavily hooded eyes this thing smudges and gives me a smokey eye within a single hour. Fortunately if you have a huge crease you probably won't have this problem but there are just better alternatives like Dior that also has felt-tip. Otherwise just man-up and get the normal MAC liquid liner that it's actually famous for.

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow (8/10)
This is actually a hand-me-down from my mum, who got it from my aunt as a gift. The version I got was Frissons (pictured right) which I don't think you can get anymore. Like other Chanel things the packaging is really high-quality and if you use a legit eyeshadow brush (and not sponge-tipped ones) the pigmentation is really good. Sadly having hooded eyes mean eyeshadow doesn't really stay on me that long because it just smudges itself to oblivion (literally) in the end. But if you've got the eyelids and the money, get this.

MAC Pro Longwear Pencil Eyeliner (6/10)
Believe it or not, I wasn't too impressed with this product, and this may be a completely personal thing but my brown eye pencil annoys the heck out of me. It's so soft it becomes impossible to sharpen, it doesn't really stick to my waterline until after a few tries, and despite being super-soft the application isn't even smooth! I much prefer my other Rimmel pencil over this because at least I can sharpen that one =_=. The good thing about it is that it is indeed long-lasting and doesn't smudge (thank goodness)!

MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash (9/10)
Out of the three products I bought on my first make-up haul this one's definitively my favourite! It dries fast, holds yo' curls and doesn't smudge easily. It does not clump your lashes and builds on top of itself quite nicely. Wut is dis flaking you speak of? Since it's one of the ONLY mascaras I've tried I've never even have to experience flaking! The wand is also really skinny so if you have short lashes like me it goes right under! My favourite thing about this product is its packaging! I usually really dislike cheap crappy MAC packaging but this mascara's shiny, pretty AND compact! It's smaller than my concealer! You can fit it in any small pocket unlike the big and long (that's what she said) ones other brands have. 

Guerlain Kiss-Kiss Precious Colours (7.5/10)
Guerlain is my favourite brand; not only because it has luxurious, golden packaging but also because it contains the least harmful chemical substances. The Kiss-Kiss is also a hand-me-down, except unlike the Les 4 Ombres it's brand sparkling new! I got it in a natural, rosy 544 which makes my pale lips look normal. The stick has a slight shimmer and does not have a moisturizing formula so I definitely recommend using lipbalm underneath. At least it's not sticky and gross amirite? Unlike my new YSL one it doesn't really leave a long-stain so you have to reapply often, but then again it could be just because I always put on a light coat.
Blue Transparent Star