Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dangers of Blogging

  Today Jess and I had a conversation about having a blog, I said something really unintentionally deep and I just HAD to write it down.

  I think how blogs are different from articles or essays is the fact that they're public (so you never know if what the author writes is true or not) and temporary (how the author is feeling when they write affects the overall quality of the entry).

  My blog has gotten me into whole heaps of trouble. Like falling out with OZ people, getting trashed for bitching, to creating millions of misunderstandings and generally have what I write come back around to me irl. I suppose I'm very sensitive when people mention my blog in any other online/offline occasion- because of how much shit this little site got me into. I swear my heartrate speeds up every time people start "hey you know in your blog...etc" because I'm so used to having bad stuff after. HENCE THE ANTIBITCH THING. People also always wonder if an entry is dedicated to them, which often, they are not. My friend at Even Ground once wrote something about how our blogs are a cluster of our angst and generally complex emotions. This was from long ago so don't expect a link.

  So anyway, back to my advice for Jess. I told her what I hate about blogging, which is getting judged forever for something that you've written mostly on a whim (even my 'reviews' are extremely transient). You also have to refrain from mentioning names, mentioning incidents and be generally vague about what you write about. These vague things can often be misunderstood and you land in deep pits of shitty shit.

  I have Anti-Bitch #3, review on Rolling Love, admiration for my tomodachi and finally an update to Stormy Days coming up for you guys.
Blue Transparent Star