Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mother Merrilyn, High-End Helen, Copy-Cat Selena

  Why are other people's blogs so inspiring sometimes? So I was surfing Blogger when suddenly I get bombarded, in the positive sense, with information regarding to people's hopes and dreams for the future. So, bring the presumptuous person that I am I will take this like a trend.

  As of now, my ideal future is one that the majority of little boys dream of, a career in the e-sports industry, except not as a player but a reporter. I suppose the first and foremost reason for this is the fact that well I always wanted to be a travelling journalist and my limited areas of interest includes food or video games. I don't mind taking over my mum's Usana career either, but before that I want to experience the joys of earning money while doing things that I enjoy.

  This isn't a future I can say out loud to my family or family friends easily because I'd be taken as seriously as a chipmunk hoola-hooping. Because to these people my aspiration doesn't count as a valid career option, I will be deemed as young and stupid for pursuing such a simplistic and 'unproductive' thing. But I want to prove these people wrong! E-sports is a growing, never-ending industry (will humans really get over the vidya? I don't think so) especially in commercial centres like the USA and China. Regarding to my identity as a girl. Women with adequate knowledge in metagame and a passion for casting won't be stuck as showgirls in skimpy costumes or players in those sad excuse of a 'female teams' relying on their pretty looks to gain fans and possibly win games. Because that's usually the role females play in this highly chauvinistic industry. Most of the female casters get so much hate because I'm going to be honest, they don't know shit. But look at us now, getting closer and closer to an egalitarian society, by the time I enter the world of e-Sports (i.e. going back to china and find a job there with my bilingual advantage) women may already have a prominent place.

  Because I'd be doing something that I love, my personal life will merge with my work life. Maybe one day I will meet my significant other (sadly my view on the subject of love is quite cynical at this stage after the whole rents ordeal) and have b00tiful babies, but I don't want those things anytime soon. I share similar views with Herupi on this topic. I'm young, let me experience da world! Let me travel and see new sights! Let me dote on my favourite gamers! I actually told my parents if I have kids I want them to bring them up until they're a manageable age because responsibility be gone amirite? They'll probably exert better influence upon my kids anyway(It's actually more complicated than that but I'd have to bring in our family business and dat shit's cray so story for another day).

  Just thinking about my potential future makes me giggly and hyped up on the inside. I'm totally ready to leave high school life behind me and enter the foreign environment that is uni and the workplace (OF GAMES KYAAAAAAAA). But who knows, maybe my hopes and dreams will change as soon as tomorrow, I'm a teenager after all.

  And before all that maybe I should just study harder and focus on my current responsibilities.
Blue Transparent Star