Tuesday, March 31, 2015

[MAKEUP REVIEW] Part Seven

This ain't even my final entry because I went crazy. This entry includes part 2 of my crazy Christmas haul. I hope to start to write detailed reviews of specific products soon because I find that my reviews are just TL;DRs of how the product worked for me (and to show you what products I use lel). Hopefully I can write a tutorial sometime down the line too.


Benefit They're Real Mascara 8/10
Alot of people tell me they don't like this mascara... and I don't see why? I personally don't think this mascara is overhyped at all. I was kind of stuck with it after I failed to sell it to anyone because I bought the Sugarglam Fairies Christmas Box. It extends my lashes naturally without clumping and doesn't smudge surprisingly! This is coming from someone who absolutely despises plastic wands... this mascara restored my faith in them LOL. The only thing I found difficult is that the product tend to stick to the tip of the wand so you end up not being able to use it for your undereye lashes.

NARS Highlighting Blush 8/10
I was choosing between this and Benefit Sunbeam for my highlighter and decided to use this because powders are easier to apply PLUS the Albatross packaging matched cutely with my Laguna. And boy it did! Highlighting is always easier than contouring so I find myself using this one more than the other one. The glow from this highlighter is natural, yet buildable (if you want to look like Kim Kardashian I guess).

STILA Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner 9/10
This was a part of my impulse Christmas spending spree because at the time I was so frustrated with my crappy MAC pencil I thought maybe a brown liquid liner will be better to create more natural looks. This baby has a nice thin tip so the lines I can create can be super precise and thin (especially for my favourite no makeup makeup look). It also has a nice spring cap that keeps air from going in AKA drying. But the gimmick has its downsides because the lid wouldn't stop coming off and getting stuck... awkward. It also doesn't fit on the other end so you can lose it if you don't take care of it.

STILA Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner 6/10
Stila's crowd favourite pencil eyeliner makes an appearance in my makeup collection because I realised I don't actually have a black pencil liner. The application is smooth and the colour nicely pigmented... but there's a huge drawback. The twist-design of the eyeliner may seem convenient.. BUT DON'T BE FOOLED! It takes heaps of effort to get the eyeliner out because most of the liners are buggy. And if you get too much product out... guess what? You can't twist the other way to get it back in so you might waste product. And you cannot get a thin line because you can't exactly sharpen the tip unless you use the good ol' wipe on tissue until tip sharpens trick. Another downside of this product is its inability to stay on my bottom lashline... IT STILL SMUDGES ;A; The only one that doesn't so far is the Urban Decay liner... review soon.

Guerlain Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shine Lipgloss 7/10
This review is specifically for the colour 'Rouge Parade' which is a part of Guerlain's holiday collection (A Day At the Opera). I got it for super cheap during the boxing day sales. The colour of this gloss is amazing and long-lasting. It's actually super intense and you can even use it as a lip stain because of how rich the colour is. However the applicator is impossible to figure out because it's really stiff and weirdly shaped unlike other lipglosses I own like my good ol' Chanel one. Newbies also watch out because the tone of colour can be difficult to work with.

Blue Transparent Star