Saturday, January 3, 2015

[MAKEUP REVIEW] Part Six

This set of makeup reviews includes the first half of my ridiculous amounts of purchases over the Christmas period (and some products I accidentally left out of my previous reviews), and this doesn't even include the craptons of skincare I bought for the lulz (sry USANA). Also I want to address the reason why most of the product I've tried have such good ratings- because I don't buy something unless I've done research beforehand! Also no product have received a 10/10 yet (the closest would probably be the MAC mascara/chubby stick)

MAC Studio Finish Concealer 6/10
I've probably already said previously that my Dior concealer was more of a luxury eye treatment than a proper concealer, so I've instead decided to purchase this. Due to the unique condition of my skin I had to get 2 colours: NC30 to target redness and NW25 to get purple. But the result was amazing because the thick consistency of this concealer was able to cover all my blemishes, albeit sometimes it looks slightly cakey. However lately (hot weather) I've noticed that my pots have become oil-like and gross, cleaning it with a paper towel does not fix this problem either so I end up creating alot of wastage. Luckily each pot contains a generous amount of product so it'll probably last me a few years anyway.

MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner 8/10
I obvious own this in 'On The Hunt' and I finally get why this is such a cult favourite now. The liner dries in a 3-D manner so it looks really awesomely pigmented... even on my crappy hooded eyes! The brush is really easy to work with too whether you want a nice, thick line or a thin flick for an easy cateye. I thought using liquid liners would be hard but this product has proven me wrong! There is also a nice gloss look to the finished line so you look even more fab as a result.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturising Lip Colour Balm 9/10
Before purchasing this product in the 'Plushest Punch' (which looks red but is actually a nice dark pink) colour I wasn't too sure about using lip crayons since they are generally very opaque in application... oh boy was I so wrong! The new Intense line really pulled a good one because the colour is so pigmented and beautiful! The best part? My lip managed to stay moisturised for the whole day without re-application! Simply amazing! The stick itself is easy-storage as well and the lid fits on the end of the stick so I don't lose it. It's small things like this that really draw me in. This product does not get full marks because of Clinique's heavy use of harmful chemicals in their products. Sorry chubby stick :(


Chi-Chi Glamorous Eyeshadow Palette 8/10
I own this product in "O.M.F.G" and "Pretty". Again, a friend told me about this hidden gem and how it rivals all the high-end palettes. I did not believe her till I tried it! The OMFG purchase was actually an impulse buy because I was dying to own bright eyeshadows so I can play around with the colours... this caught my eye immediately! This product is highly pigmented, easily blendable and long-lasting! If the packaging and brushes included weren't so crappy I'd give it full marks easily... but hey, what can you expect from something that's only $20??

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette 9/10
I was dying to purchase a proper neutrals palette due to how failed my UD dupe turned out to be, so this palette was obviously my first choice (that I can actually buy in Australia). And man am I so happy with my choice. In my honest opinion I like this palette better than the NAKED simply because it's more bang for the buck. You're getting the same amount of colours and pigmentation for 30 dollars less (since you can't get UD in Australia so that's shipping costs too!)... c'mon guys. The best of all? It uses natural cocoa and as a result the palette smells so good! Like real chocolate! I just wanna eat it! Unfortunately compared to NAKED, the downfall of this palette is its bulky magnetic packaging that flings open real easily, plus you don't get a brush (not even a spong-tip). But that's not really a problem for me because I have plenty of brushes to spare.

Too Faced Bulletproof 24-Hour Eyeliner 8/10
This product was a surprise find when my workmate and I decided to loiter about Mecca Maxima. She saw this product, tried it on for fun and when she tried to wipe it off it did not budge one bit! I needed a silver eyeliner and no other brand had this shade so I bought this in 'Silver Lining'. I strongly recommend you to get it in 'Black Out' or another everyday shade because this is just amazing. Once the product sets you're good to go for the whole day! It even comes with a smudger and sharpener which I thought was cute because I wasn't a big fan of how thick the pen was. Turns out it's so you can also use it as an eyeshadow stick if you smudge the line sparingly... ideal for an easy smokey-eye!
Blue Transparent Star