Monday, July 21, 2014

[MAKEUP REVIEW] Part Four

This one's been delayed for a while and I really wanted this one to be the last one but looks like after my Strawberrynet Haul I will have to make yet another entry to keep you guys up to date. So let's get right to it!

Clinique Almost Powder Makeup 7.5/10
I always wanted to own a powder because my foundation just kept on running and becoming super oily. I was having a hard time choosing between MAC blotting powder and this one. And I must say I made the right choice! The powder just stays together amazingly compared to the ones that crumble and fall apart. The coverage is very, very sheer but as a result it is very natural and not cakey! When combo'd with my medium-coverage concealor it becomes a good finishing powder. My complaints lie in the crappy sponge included, cmon even Revlon can do better. The packaging is also abit dodgy cuz of the square shape.


Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil 8/10
I love this product. I freaking love it. Not only is it cheap as heck it works just as well as any high-end eyeliner pencil (if not better cough MAC cough). I have this pencil in white to line my waterline and it actually goes on! The pigmentation is intense (though sometimes flaky but that's ok for a Drugstore product). Unfortunately for me the stupid taped barcode got stuck to the outside so now it's sticky and gross. Dammit Priceline!



YSL Rouge Volupte Shine 9/10
SS got me this lippy for my birthday and I just can't put it down afterwards! I chose No 12 without trying it on because I really like corail and once it went on my lips my oh my. The colour is so nice and pigmented I can either have a full orangey-red lip or a natural shade of pinky-red if I just apply it in the middle and smudge. The formula is also really moisturising and the best thing is it smells like watermelon! The packaging is typical YSL aesthetics: shiny and luxurious. Unfortunately this product loses a point because it's abit heavy and dries your lips quick despite the initial moisturising effect.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette 3/10
I bet you're surprised why I gave this widely-loved product such a low rating. As I said before, these reviews are based on my PERSONAL experience of the product. And herein lies my problem... The one I got is actually fake. Now don't get me wrong, I love SS for getting this for me when I saw it I was ecstatic. But the one I got not only did not come with UD's primer samples the colours are all wrong! Instead of rose-pink colours all the way I got a weird mix of tropical, orange and... yellow? The colour names are right but all the colours are completely off. The pigmentation and blendability isn't great either. And the brush is just... urgh. So now I'm pretty pissed off at whoever ripped off my friends and sold them this crappy fake product. For all of your conveniences I have attached a photo I found online that compares the two. Dat difference. In this product's defense though it's still a usable palette with rainbow for colours.


Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara Excess 6/10
For something from a Drugstore this product is actually pretty expensive. I use it when I want intense spiky lashes because it has a rubber wand. However the wand is freaking huge! Like how do I even ATTEMPT to do my undereye lashes without looking like Death Note's L? Back in Guangzhou I used Jes' normal Million Lashes one and it worked just fine! As I said I also don't really like big packaging because it won't fit nicely in my makeup bag. At least Loreal knows what's up when it comes to packaging.

Blue Transparent Star