Saturday, December 17, 2011

[REVIEW] A Crazy Little Thing Called... Love

CANT. READ. THAI!!!

  It's been a while since I did a review on something, except for the story i told you all about (The Awkward Love Song of Abigail Archer) which I'm sorry for giving you the wrong title. Anyway A Crazy Little Thing Called... Love (I'll call it CLTCL for short)is this Thai Movie that I accidentally discovered through someone's cover on Wattpad, but never ended up watching until today. And I've gotta say I certainly enjoyed the movie and it's definitely worth watching by everyone.

  The Plot is pretty typical, your average Ugly Duckling and Handsome prince structure. Except unlike other movies it's pretty easy to relate to this girl. Trying so hard to impress her crush which included a totally random transformation (it just randomly happened, and I was liek WTF).

  Nam is your typical ugly chick (as I'm typing this I actually finished the blog but Blogger fucked up and I lost my draft) who hangs with a group of equally as loser friends (apparently they're losers because they're tanned and it's considered beautiful in Thailand to look Chinese rather than Indonesian). They all fangirl over the hot senior guys. Nam in particular has a huuuuge crush on Shon who is a soccer player/photographer prettyboy in grade 10. Nam does all these creepy things including keeping a shirt button he dropped as a lucky charm (she even TALKS to it!), stalking him everywhere and calling him up just to hear his voice... JUST REALLY CREEPY STUFF OKAY?

1st I l00k li3k dis.
Den I l00k li3k dis. DAYUM.
  So Shon's really good mate came back from somewhere unimportant that he went to and Nam has already had this uber-sexy transformation by then. This TOP guy (T.O.P!) really likes Nam and when he asked her out although she didn't really give a direct reply he started getting her to hang out with him and his gorgeous friends all the time. So poor Nam has to see Shon while she is technically his best mate's girlfriend yet she's so stupid she still does these creepy things around the two of them.



  The ending was slightly rushed, awkward and weird. I won't spoil it for you. But jokes aside, in my opinion... Nam is like every single teenage girl who likes their hot seniors who seem unreachable out there. This girl put in so much effort in getting the guy she likes (Ultimate Fangirl) and in the end these efforts did have their pros and cons, and yes, it's a happy ending so I'll just leave it there. The movie almost ENCOURAGES girls to be creepy and obsessive like her, and tells us that it'll eventually work. And sadly, as much as the movie gives us things to imagine about... being obsessive over this one guy and leaving everything else in life aside ain't worth it and let's face it, ASIF the guy your like will 100% secretly crush on you at the same time. So as unrealistic and life-irrelevant as this movie can be, I guess it still creates possible daydreams for everyone. Namely me, whom in my own opinion when judged by myself is quite creepy.


  So defs go watch this movie! I think it's really good despite the clicheness, cliche, but unique in its own way?
Blue Transparent Star