Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Movie isn't Meant to Have this Effect!

WARNING: Contains spoilers 


  So I was fangirling over Miura Haruma yesterday, and I decided to stalk his filming career so I can find a new movie/drama to watch.

  One called 'Koizora' caught my eye, because it was a movie and Haruma-sama seriously had wicked hair and the girl looks decent. Little did I know that I was up for one of the saddest films in Japan history.

  I never showed slight remorse even at tearjerkers like The Notebook and Titanic, but this one was different. Throughout the whole movie I was complaining about the fast progression and pure stupidity of the female protagonist, when the end came however, I found it hard to see and realised that my eyes were really swollen and tears are filling up my glasses frames, making it difficult to see. Shocker, I just cried over a movie that is based on a cellphone novel that is like a complete copy of a Chinese novel.

  Why the heck was I crying? I've been literally throwing popcorn(non-existent since I was just drinking water)at my computer screen and yet the ending really got to me. I couldn't help thinking about the main guy, Hiro, over and over again 24/7. Not exactly fangirling either, more like OMG why did he had to die and why is he so damn perfect and friggin seductive! Oh yeah, seductive not in my point of view but I was putting myself in the main girl's shoes.

  So I watched a dozen of comedy, MBLAQ Thunder goodness and Gokusen, hoping that I will be able to get over the movie and move on with my life. But this morning till now I found myself Googling the keyword 'Koizora' or 'Hiro Sakurai' over and over again. And lost appetite during dinner when I thought about how depressing the movie was. PLUS I had swollen eyes for the rest of the day from watching too many MVs based on the movie.

  So I guess this blog serves to be a word of advice... if you don't wanna end up like me, DO NOT watch Koizora, EVER.

  Below is a Photoshop project I had been working on inspired by Koizora's poster. This is not completed yet(too many flaws) but I'm just really excited for everyone to see what I've done so far:
   
And this is the Original:
Blue Transparent Star