Sunday, December 7, 2014

City Shenanigans

Welp, since the Melbourne post has been super delayed might as well delay it even longer. I'm just gonna blog about my time at JASS Ball and Christmas Party.

Gal, Soso, BD and I booked for two nights at Menzies next to Wynyard station cuz it was cheap and actually not full. The hotel sucks poop is all I can say. You call yourself 4-star?? I've been to motels better than that! Plus it was super inconvenient in terms of travel as well despite being right next to Wynyard sigh. One of the major reasons why we were super late to JASS Ball.

So Soso decided to pick me up from my house which I was really grateful for but unfortunately since I'm so freaking disorganised he walked in my mum doing my hair still (it ended up coming undone anyway sigh). The traffic to the city sucked so much instead of taking 30mins it took us two hours. Soso got mad at me but somehow both of our angers got redirected to the hotel location which was technically my fault anyway OTL So it ended up taking us forever to get a taxi we decided to just catch a bus. I had to run around in my amazingly high heels (which I wore to our yr 12 formal I just don't understand why it was so freaking tall how did I not notice) and my legs were like dead by the time we got to the venue (it was shaking and bruised quite an unpleasant sight).

The event itself was okay I guess? The food wasn't great the free drinks weren't great either and I didn't even know many of the people there but somehow the night passed in a blur and it just felt good to dress up all formal and shieet. Once we were back at the hotel we passed time with Cards Against Humanity and Tinder LOL And of freaking course I got cramps again because of my amazing "hotel and period' curse so it was awkward for all as we had to look for places selling pads at 1am.

Christmas Party was a whole different story. I started stressing out about work because the timetable for next week got changed to scaryass times that I have no buses for. People also started coming over to the hotel for our pre-party and this part was probably the most fun I had since we were so retarded. Like rating girls from League of Hunnies and troll sites. All good except for my crappy cramps so I couldn't go help set up either. Feels really bad how I haven't done jack since getting elected. Jes came with our wigs and accidentally brought me the short wig she used for Len.... shieet. I tried to style it as a girl but didn't work out so well.

The night went by like a blue, I was stressing way too much over work to really have fun. Cramps prevented me from drinking anything and all my friends were busy with stuff to really spend time chilling together. I got food for my Kris Kringle while some random guy got my Gintama book THE INEQUALITY! Some hair got into my contacts so my eyes also hurt for the entire end part because we were kicked out of the venue on time.

I decided to just embrace the manliness of my wig and do the full guy makeup and take failed selfies. It was a quieter night than most cuz everyone was really tired and just wanted to go to bed. Took me a while to fall asleep because BD and Gal FREAKING SNORES EARTHQUAKES. In the end I just plugged in my iPod only to find my remote not working. The check-out time was at 10:30 so we basically just scrammed the place in the morning. We went to have Sushi Train for brunch and what do you know Takeru isn't as crappy as it was before now!

Upon getting home I felt a mixture of weariness and stress. After finding out my workmate isn't picking up (she offered to drive me) and the AGM re affiliation was taking too long all the stress came back to me and I fell down really sick. Turns out my manager let me go work at 7 instead of 6 after I called him. But I was too sick by then anyway and warned him I might not make it. Then in the morning I realised my alarm wasn't set properly but I stayed sick till 3pm anyway.

All in all I'm definitely just gonna look for a paid internship now because I'm definitely quitting this job once the holidays end.
Blue Transparent Star