Friday, July 3, 2015

May/June Report

May/June had been a busy month for me, so busy that for the first time in my blogging history I had not written a single entry about it, which is really counter-intuitive because it makes it seem like there's absolutely nothing to report on it. Therefore I will quickly report the things that I got up to in this period of time under some well thought-out sub headings.

Korean Makeup/Skin-care Hauls
I don't know how it happened, but somehow Jes and I both got into Korean Makeup after I brought her some goods from my Singapore trip (which I promise I'll write about... soon... very soon...). So anyway, during May/June I almost doubled my makeup collection which is laughable considering I don't even have a job. I've been also adding some Innisfree products into my USANA-only skincare routine and while I didn't see any differences for a whole month lately my pimples have began to shrink though my face still looks like a mess due to scars...etc. Jes wanted to start a review/lifestyle collaboration blog as a result.

Church all day Nigerian
Most of you are aware that the main group I spend my time with now are my church peeps. Through this period of time I've completely integrated myself into Wildlife as the resident mother-figure. I attended the JustCar wedding which everybody took ages to prepare for, whether it's new haircuts, eyebrow appointments and hauling for many clothing items. Their relationship is really enviable because looking at them it's hard to imagine anything going wrong. It also got everyone into a lifepartner-search craze as my beloved co-leader-but-really-he-is-the-boss, brother-in-LAW also got into a relationship with one of the sweetest girls I know. And he went from I-am-the-Alpha to I-am-so-whipped it's adorable.

Attempted Dates
I planned on going to see Vivid with the Bar towards the end of the even. The date went south very quickly as he was a whole hour late and we missed the movie. Our dinner plan also went awry because it was Imouto's birthday and we got invited to a fancy dinner with their families. I didn't mind the changing dinner plans because I love my imouto and it kinda meant I'm a part of the family now. However as we headed to see Vivid THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE, WHERE DID YA'LL COME FROM? It was pretty much shoulder-to-shoulder all over Darling Harbour and Circular Quay nty. We did score a cool spot for the light show so that was okay.

So after that failed date we rescheduled Mad Max and ended up watching it before CG on a Friday. The movie itself was not a date movie by any means but the explosions were very cool and tasteful (none of that Michael Bay nonsense). We also had a successful all-day date, planning to go see Winter Garden only to be disappointed because there's like, nothing there. We did spot several cool cars (including a McLaren that made Bar weak at the knees). Then we had lunch, did some shopping, chilled and ate dinner. It was a pretty perfect day imo.

And that's it folks, watch out for my Conference post soon~
Blue Transparent Star