Tuesday, April 21, 2015

[MAKEUP REVIEW] Part Eight

Let's get straight in this baby since my UD haul did me no good in terms of collecting stuff.

Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Color 6/10
I bought this with my MYER ONE reward card and only got to use it like twice before good ol' mum took it. I had my eyes on this for a while because every time I crash Barrel's workplace I'd just play with the lipsticks there and I swatched a nice orangey colour (lip-service). Turns out, when applied on your lips, this product is very, VERY sheer due to its moisturising, lip-balm like formula, The packaging is cute but very cheap-looking and it reminds me of Korean cosmetics packaging. If you want an orange lipstick definitely try the Marc Jacobs Kiss Pop collection or Etude House collection and not this one.

Marc Jacobs Kiss Pop Lipstick 8/10
I got the colour Pop Rock for my birthday and it is an orangey-red which very much reminds me of my YSL Corail Incandescent lipstick without the moisturising formula. This product also offers a more orange alternative (Crush) and a more pink alternative (wham) both which I'm definitely putting on my shopping list because the colours of Kiss Pop lipsticks are just so purdy ermahgherd. The product itself is a matte lipstick in the shape of a cute pencil-crayon. The colour payoff is amazing though it's not the smoothest formula when it comes to gliding across your lips. I actually like the pencil design of the bullet because it's very versatile and you don't have to worry about it going out of shape.

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette 9/10

Another birthday gift (from SS <3). I was surprised at first upon receiving this palette because I already have both Chocolate Bars and I wasn't sure if I need more neutrals... then I saw the colours. There are 3 mattes, 3 satins and 3 shimmer colours great for both everyday wear and night out... Plus it's all in a convenient compact great for travel (actually bringing mine to Singapore). I love Silk Teddy and Cashmere Bunny they're so pretty and work great as bases. All colours are highly pigmented and long-lasting. Plus they gave you twice the amount for lighter shades so you don't have to go through the whole pan. This is such an underdog palette everyone should get it :D

Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Palette 8/10
I bought this product immediately when Australia finally decided to ship it only a few months late compared to good ol' Murica. I will definitely write in-depth reviews for all my palettes with swatches and all in the future. So what can I say about this product? Well first off, it is designed pretty much identical to its predecessor as they share the same packaging and even same colour layout inside! Personally I actually like the colours on this one better because it has better matte options and the tones are more yellow-hued which means it looks better on Asians! They even improved upon the old one by actually putting the colour names on the palette as opposed to a flimsy plastic sheet cover. Sadly some colours of this palette did not wow me in their pigmentation (COUGH Pink Sugar COUGH) and I was looking forward to using them sad.

Etude House Dear Girls Big Eyes Maker 7/10
Unlike the hype around the Etude House Cute Eyes maker I can hardly find any review on this product which I impulsely bought because the colours are much nicer than the former, not knowing how to use it or anything LOL. Turns out you're supposed to apply the brown end on the outer third of your eye and the gold end in the inner third... which apparently creates bigger eyes? The design is the same concept as the Cute Eyes maker as the product is inside the lid and by screwing it back on you're essentially applying the pigment on the wand. To be completely honest I've never managed to achieve the puppy eye look as advertised by this product ever, so now I just keep it in my on-the-go makeup bag as an easy eyeshadow application method. I also use the shimmery gold colour as an eye highlighter all the time because the colour looks great on Asian skin.
Blue Transparent Star